Custom software helps companies of all types and sizes improve their operations and productivity by removing redundancies and streamlining workflows. You can even use technology to track important details about your assets and leverage it to enhance the way you interact with customers and the way they interact with your business. Ultimately, process improvements lead to successful outcomes in customer satisfaction, which positively impacts the bottom line.
A specialized design firm servicing the entertainment, restaurant, events, and architecture industries wants to improve their equipment management operations and the way they interact with customers. They currently rely on a legacy system of spreadsheets to capture the essential details about their rental equipment, making it cumbersome to respond to proposal requests promptly. There are also redundancies throughout the order process, from capturing project requirements to proposal review and approval.
- Document and manage a large inventory of expensive, technical equipment, including detailed specifications.
- Develop a custom app solution to help the designers quote projects accurately and efficiently.
- The system would have to manage every technical and non-technical detail about the equipment, including cost, assembly rules, and specification requirements. If a particular piece of equipment requires a specific height clearance or electrical wattage, that information needs to be accounted for when the quote is prepared.
- Streamline the customer communications and order management processes.
- Create a knowledge-based system to store the intricate details about each piece of equipment.
- Configure the system in such a way that the client is able to maintain and expand it themselves.
- Integrate the custom equipment management system with the client's customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Eliminate double-entry via API calls. A customer submits their requirements on the website. The data is transferred to the client's CRM system and is also synchronized with the equipment management system.
Some technologies used
- FileMaker 18
- Mitigate the potential for miscommunication and misunderstandings.
- Ensure consistency across the different interfaces.
- Reduce the time it takes to research equipment for each project and present accurate quotes based on the project requirements.
- Improve workflows and optimize customer satisfaction.
We help organizations of all types and sizes improve their workflows with custom solutions. From custom websites to inventory management systems, we've developed a wide range of software programs for many unique business needs. Learn more about custom software use cases.